NewsLab’s executive director, Deborah Potter, conducts journalism training for newsrooms and journalism organizations in the United States and around the world. Training options range from one or two-hour sessions to half-day, full-day or multiple day workshops. We often work directly with newsrooms and conference organizers to develop customized training that meets their needs.
Among our recent workshop topics:
- Cool free tools to make online stories more interactive
- Better broadcast writing and storytelling
- Social media and ethical decision making
- Web video: What works
- Telling the non-visual story
- Writing for the Web
- Podcasting for print people
- On camera training for print reporters
- Disaster preparation for newsrooms
- Reporting under pressure (crisis coverage)
- Training for journalism trainers
Training is available for a reasonable fee. Contact us to learn more.