NewsLab’s executive director, Deborah Potter, conducts journalism training for newsrooms and journalism organizations in the United States and around the world. Training options range from one or two-hour sessions to half-day, full-day or multiple day workshops. We often work directly with newsrooms and conference organizers to develop customized training that meets their needs.
Among our recent workshop topics:
- Six steps to stronger stories
- Keys to super stand-ups (and live shots)
- Video strategies for online and social media
- Storytelling across platforms
- Better broadcast writing
- Effective TV interviewing
- Tips and tools for verification
- Reporting for multimedia
- Mastering social media
- Ethics at warp speed
Training is available for a reasonable fee. Contact us to learn more.